Friday, April 30, 2010

Rue

As I was sitting there thinking about my new found friend Katniss. I wondered what today will have in store for us. I wondered if I would be lifted up in the hovercraft or will someone run into my knife and die. I really didn’t like the idea of killing people but it's kill or be killed. I was hoping I would have survived the torture the were putting us through. I had only lived a short time, and even though this is a mean world I would have liked to stay around a few more years. And hoped I never would of had to go through anything like that again.

Katniss really showed me she cares about me. I wonder what would have happen if it came down to the two of us in the end. How long would she have let me live, would she have the guts to kill me herself. I wondered where she was as I sat and sang to the mockingjay’s. Again the mockingjay’s would sing the same tune I had tought them and it would be a sign to Katniss that I’m ok. I had not heard from her all morning. As theday went on still not Katniss.. Until..

I tried I really did try to call out to Katniss to let her know I was on the ground and trapped in a net. As soon as she got there the spear entered my stomach. I was shot by the boy from District 11. This was enough to take me out. As I lay there with the spear in my stomach, dying, Katniss stayed by my side. I asked her to sing me a song, the song was beautiful, then I died. Katniss decorated my body with flowers.

Thresh spare her life because she took care of me.

In the end the gamemakers brought all the dead tributes back as mutts to torture the tributes that were left.

1 comment:

  1. Rue,
    You are a wonderful person. I'm sorry that you died. But at least you had a friend who was there for you and stayed by your side. I wish she would have made it there sooner. I would have liked to get to know you and Katniss. I think you guys would have been a good influence on my daughter. Your blogs have touched me in many ways. You guys have hope, and stay positive, even in hard times. Makes me feel like I can do the same. We all have to stick together at times like these. I wish I could meet you in person, and tell you how much your blogs have changed my life. I look forward to hearing what else you have to say. I would have helped Katniss give you some what of a funeral. You will always be in our thoughts and preyers. R. I. P. Rue!!!

    ReplyDelete